contact widget

Friday, April 22, 2016

Where Do I Even Start?!

So I guess I'm a blogger now.  Wait...what?  How, when...what?  I don't know.  I'm just here trying to be as healthy as I can and trying to help a couple people along the way if I can.  I'd love you to be one of them!  But before that, I'm guessing I should tell you a little about myself.  Here's where my path to becoming a blogger starts:

My story starts like so many others, and I'll admit, it's almost cliché.....it starts with embarrassment and shame after having my babies.  Ugh.  It's real.  Really real.  I came to a point where I thought that was it and my 'new normal' was here to stay.  Did you hear that?!  I just about gave up.  On myself.  DON'T.  EVER. DO. THAT.  We are all created to do great things.....we just have to start. 

After being embarrassed of my postpartum maternity pants wearing self, I decided to make a change.....does that sound familiar?  A flip of the switch.  How or why it suddenly flips, I don't know.  But when it does, look out!  When my switch flipped it was time for me to not just get back to the athlete I used to be, but be a better version of that athlete, and me.  I have always been a runner, running in high school and college and continuing since college training for the occasional half marathon. Eventually, I got to the point where logging the miles got a little easier and less painful after the baby.  But running just wasn't cutting it.  Weight was not coming off and my maternity pants seemed to find a forever home in my dresser drawer.  Yuk.

Enter P90X3!  I knew about P90X and even bought it and got through a few weeks of it about ten years ago.  However, because the workouts are pretty intense and about an hour long each, it just wasn't something I could keep up while training for half marathons.  I would have been one over-trained, mess! I saw P90X3 as my opportunity to get the rest of my body in shape...the parts you don't train and tone through running...there's a lot of them. I added it to my daily training routine after my runs. Towards the end of the program I ran my first half marathon in two years and less than one year after my second baby.  I ran my fastest time by far, which I credit to the athletic training emphasis of P90X3.  Beachbody has brought me back to the athlete and competitor I once was. 

So here I am, documenting where I came from, where I am and where I hope to go.

I want nothing more but to help others, help you feel the same!  Isn't today as good a day as any to start?!  If not now, when?



~T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code